Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Just Waiting...

Not much new to report lately - we are just waiting for the arrival of Zak's brother. He is due on Easter (April 12), but we'll see when he actually decides to make his appearance. I started maternity leave yesterday and Allyson is here with us this week, so Zak is enjoying his time with Auntie Allie.
Things were pretty rough with the big boy bed for a while, after Zak realized he could just get out if he decided he wasn't ready to go to be (some of his new favorite phrases are "not yet" and "just a minute"), but it looks like we have turned a corner and this week he has been staying in bed once we put him down. I only hope this continues... He's definitely almost two though - has his own opinion about everything and wants to do what he wants to do when he wants to do it.
He continues to amaze us with the words he uses - his vocabulary seems almost limitless these days. I was looking for one of my shoes under the couch last night and he said "underneath" - where does he pick these things up?
Adam and I were both impressed the weekend before last. I was in the other room, but Adam said Zak counted to ten. I was in disbelief and wouldn't believe it until I heard it for myself, and sure enough, a few minutes later he did it again for me.
We'll keep you posted on baby news...

No comments: