This has been Zak's favorite phrase over the past few weeks - he wants to do everything himself. He knows that when Morgan goes outside, we usually have to bribe her with a treat to get her back in (yes, she's so well trained). Well, now every time she goes outside, Zak comes running saying "treat" and has to give it to her when she comes in.

Teeth brushing is his favorite "Zak do it" time.


Today as I was wiping the counter, Zak came running in from the back room saying "help Mommy", so I gave him a clean sponge and let him have at it. He wiped down the walls and his table (they needed it - there were crayon marks to be removed), then he went to town on the coupie. I couldn't get the sponge away from him!


He has still been doing relatively well in the big boy bed - although Sunday night, he got up out of bed in the middle of the night and showed up in our room. All I heard was the sound of him closing his door (he loves to close doors), then little footsteps, then our door opening.
Not only does he get out of bed when he wakes up, but unfortunately he gets out after he goes down if he doesn't want to sleep. Today for example, he kept getting out - he just wasn't tired. So I figured, fine, we'll try again later. When it was later and time to try again, I told him that he as tired, and he said "no I'm not" or something that sounded like that - no idea where he picked that one up. Needless to say, there was no nap today. I know we are suckers, but at least he did go to bed on time.
No comments:
Post a Comment