Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hockey Game

We went to a Kings game on Saturday - we had been telling Zak about it the week leading up to the game, and he was excited and kept saying "hockey game." He continued to repeat it the whole time we were at the game. We were impressed at how good he was. He sat on Adam's lap the entire first period and just watched. At first he was very serious (as he is when there's something new), but then he danced and clapped and had a great time the rest of the game. He did get concerned when there was a fight - I made sure to tell him that they got in trouble for fighting and had to sit in time out. Of course he flirted with everyone we were with in the suite. Unfortunately I didn't realize the camera was not in my bag, so the only pictures I got were from my phone - no flash with the ice in the background did not make for very good pictures.


Lisa, Tom and Cody came up for a quick visit Sunday morning (we have been trying to get together so we could get some baby clothes back that Cody borrowed - only 7 more weeks until Zak's brother is due). As you can see below, Zak shared his "coupie" with Cody (10 months) - well, not so much shared as Cody was sitting in it and of course Zak wanted in too. The boys did play nicely together. Unfortunately Zak and I have been passing a cold back and forth - and it seemed to hit him hard today (I hope he didn't share it with Cody). The rest of the day was very lazy.
Big Boy Bed Update: Zak has been doing really well in his big boy bed. He goes down without a problem (hasn't crawled out). I know he knows how to get out of the bed, but doesn't. If he wakes up in the middle of the night, he will just call for me. He did start, yesterday morning, getting out of bed if he's awake and it's light out. When he did it yesterday, I wasn't sure if he called for me first or not since I was in the laundry room with the washer and dryer on. This morning however, I didn't hear a peep out of him, then he appeared in the living room (just like he did yesterday). Hopefully he'll continue not to get out of bed at night. I think he just doesn't like to do it when it's dark.

No comments: