Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch

Since Adam was golfing in a tournament today, Zak and I decided to go to the Pumpkin Patch. Soon after we got there I realized I'm a bad mommy - I pulled out the camera to take a picture and realized that I had downloaded a picture last night and left the memory card in the computer, so the pix below were taken with my camera phone. Between the glare of the sun (I couldn't see what I was taking) and the delay, they aren't great (yeah, I know, there aren't any from the front, but the ones I got that were were NOT good shots). Zak checking out the pumpkin selection
Checking out the chicks
Petting a baby goat

On the train

So we had a fun trip to the Pumpkin Patch. Zak wasn't big enough to go on most of the rides, but he could go on the carousel and the train. We opted for the carousel first, gave the man our ticket, but when it came time to get on the horse, Zak wanted no part of it. He wasn't a fan of it the last time he was on one - he loves to watch from afar, but doesn't like to get on. He did seem to like the train, but he had his serious face on, which he usually does when something is new. He had a great time in the petting zoo - he kept chasing the sheep and was having a field day running around in general - we both ended up with poop on our shoes.

Zak has been talking a lot lately, but this weekend he seems to have turned into a little parrot. He will repeat pretty much anything you say - it's pretty funny. Now we just have to be very careful of what we say (not that we would say anything we shouldn't, of course...)
Evening update: After Adam got back from golf he watched the Giants game - Zak came in the room and sat down with him - Adam asked what he was watching and Zak said "football" - Adam was very happy. We had taught him football before, but never said it today. It's amazing what he retains... I know I need to stop being amazed, since that's what toddlers do, and I'm sure he will continue to amaze me more each day.

No comments: